North Pacific Dermatology is committed to providing safe, high-quality, and individualized care that prioritizes not just your skin but your entire well-being. The current pandemic of Coronavirus (COVID-19) has permeated our daily lives and activities. North Pacific Dermatology is taking precautionary measures to help prevent the spread of this new virus. We are closely monitoring the situation and adhering to all relevant CDC guidelines. Please read below to see what measures we are taking to safeguard your health and for suggestions on how you can best protect yourself, your family, and your local community.
Our protocols and procedures are intended to screen for healthy patients. Please do not defer your skin care (especially those with potentially cancerous conditions) out of fear for COVID-19. Our staff, physicians and medical providers are available during this uncertain time to take care of you.
What we are doing to protect you:
- We have implemented a new protocol where all hard surfaces, arm rests on waiting chairs and door handles are disinfected hourly, using EPA-registered disinfectants that have qualified under EPA’s emerging viral pathogens program for use against SARS-CoV-2 (a.k.a. the COVID-19 coronavirus).
- As has always been our protocol, all patient examination rooms are cleaned and disinfected after each patient encounter.
- You may receive appointment reminders or phone calls instructing you when to reschedule. Our goal is to protect and care for all of our patients so we urge you to reschedule if you have any symptoms of an upper respiratory infection (cough, runny nose, fever, sore throat or shortness of breath). To ease the burden, we are not charging no-show or cancellation fees during the COVID-19 outbreak. We will also work with you to reschedule at a time that is convenient for you after you are symptom free. Even if your provider is booked out far in advance, you will be prioritized to be rescheduled.
- Waiting rooms are equipped with masks and hand sanitizers. Please make use of these to prevent the spread of illness or if you suspect you have come into contact with someone who is sick.
Ways you can help prevent the spread of the virus:
- Please call ahead to inform us if you have symptoms of respiratory infection (e.g., cough, runny nose, fever, sore throat or shortness of breath) so that we may reschedule your appointment to a time when you are feeling well again.
- For everyone's safety, we urge you to limit those who accompany you to your visit (such as children or friends).
- Washing your hands often and thoroughly is the best way to protect yourself and others. Wash hands for at least 20 seconds making sure to scrub your palms, backs of your hands, between fingers and under your nails. Please see the CDC website for any additional guidance on handwashing (https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/when-how-handwashing.html).
During these unprecedented and uncertain times, we are committed to providing you with the quality care you have always expected from North Pacific Dermatology. Our medical providers and professional staff stand ready to provide you with the care and experience you need, in an environment that is safe.
More information on COVID-19 can be found at www.coronavirus.gov.com.
We appreciate your trust in our practice and remain ready and equipped to serve your dermatological needs.
-Your North Pacific Dermatology Skin Care Team